1/03/2017

Serving the Kingdom of God in 2016

Dear friends,
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

In the beginning of 2017 I am reflecting on this past year and the many ways God has blessed me, used me,and carried me through challenging moments.
He is so faithful!
I am also so thankful for all your prayers, support, and encouragement.



The highlight of this year how God helped me to find my place in the ministry.
I got a job, becoming officially employed and now I have a regular income.
I always knew in complete confidence that the Lord prepared a job for me where I could best serve Him. I knew that he wanted to shape me, through the difficulties, into the servant he wanted me to become, in His time.



On April 1st, 2016 I became the coordinator of the Set Free Movement in Hungary and the director of the Life Skills program for the Bread of Life Foundation, both with operate under the umbrella of the Free Methodist Mission in Hungary. In addition, I am happy to be a local ministerial candidate in the Budapest Free Methodist Church.

Praise the Lord! He has shown His faithful love to me!
He gave me this work, and His blessings are upon it!

I share my vision of my life on the video above:


Ildikó Kóber introduces the Set Free Movement in Hungary from Larry Winckles on Vimeo.


Having a more sure financial background I could move to the other apartment. 
The church leadership organized a house blessing and my pastor blessed my new home.



"May this house be a blessing to everyone who walks through the door and be a place for fellowship and growth." 




I started my work to build and strength connections between organizations working against human trafficking in Hungary. 





I set up biweekly prayer meeting for like-minded organizations, churches, and worked together as a volunteer in the transaction of two anti-human trafficking exhibitions with Anonymous Ways Foundation.





The goal was raising awareness in the society. 
We live in the 21st century but slavery is still a reality. 
You too, COULD be a victim.
You too, CAN do something against the modern day slavery.
What happens depends on YOU!





On the occasion of the 10th EU Anti- Trafficking Day the Ministry of Interior and the Anonymous Ways Foundation organized the conference and the exhibition.


The opening of the conference

In Spring I got to know one of the political officers from the U.S.Embassy. He was the speaker of an opening of an human trafficking exhibition. One of his responsibilities is the preparation of the annual Trafficking in Persons about Hungary.



In July I conducted a 2 days sensitivity training for Gypsy girls at risk in Northern East Hungary, the poorest part of the country. Many of beautiful, poor, under-educated Gypsy girls, women aiming at escaping from poverty and discrimination, chasing better life working in the windows of Amsterdam Red Light District. They really need teaching how precious are they!



The girls and some boys between 8-18 were hungry for the Gospel. I spoke about Jesus, about His unconditional Love, told stories about His miracles, prayed for them, and we learned and sang a nice song about Jesus. After the older ones had a training, the younger ones were drawing pictures about Jesus'deeds.









I also met local and governmental Gypsy leaders, speaking about   the only solution - JESUS.




The meeting was held in the city center and also in the separated part of the city, where live the Gypsy community




Before Christmas we organized a clothing collection and sent winter clothes to the Gypsy community and over 30 families received warm clothes. Thanks for the donation of the Northern Ireland Knitting Club, our friends in Budapest, and in Northern-East Hungary for the transportation.

The sacks are waiting for the truck - my car is already not big enough
My car is totally full
















I built good connection with an other Gypsy church at countryside visiting them, encouraging them, sharing my testimony. Two of them were my students at European Nazarene College where I taught Language and Written Expression this Fall as a volunteer.



In November I conducted a day of training for social workers and volunteers in Romania.





working in group








This was a really international team, attendants from Romania, Italy, Spain, USA, England, Australia, Ireland, I only was Hungarian.






In July I gave a presentation in Budapest to an American mission team on human trafficking and the Hungarian situation.








We began planning for a Set Free event to be held next September in Battle Creek, Michigan. 




The other part of my work to plan and implement a Life Skills Program to assist individuals who are unemployed, underemployed, or at risk of being trafficked.
Our new room is almost done, waiting for the official opening. Thanks for all of your support and also your physical work! Especially thanks for the hard work of Spring Arbor team and for the Hungarian volunteers. I hope we will see all of you at the official opening!
                                  BEFORE - AFTER PICTURE
     

Before launching the program we have to make new contacts with other organizations.
In Spring I attended the "Street of Opportunities" professional conference, which brought together representatives from the local government, businesses, and the civil sector in order to improve awareness and encourage cooperation.





I am introducing our program 
how do we create healing community through community-based actions, and how can we bring deep transformational change into society with our program.





We had interesting and enthusiastic discussions at the tables








The third part of my ministry is serving in my church, in Free Methodist Church Budapest. Being the local ministerial candidate, teaching in church, encouraging the fainthearted, leading worship and Bible studies.




                                  

Thank you for all your prayers, support, and encouragement
My prayer is that 2017 will be an amazing year as we live out the purposes God has for each of us. 
Have a blessed  New Year!

"You crown the year with Your goodness,
And Your paths drip with abundance." (Psalms 65:11)

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ildiko, I got tears of happiness in my eyes when I read this blog. You deserve all the goodness that happens because you work to spread goodness and good news in everyone's life. I am so happy for you. Congratulations! -- Susan Howe(and Rebecca Goodchild)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Susan and Rebecca, Thanks for your encouraging words. Every glory for God!
      Do you remember when we were sitting at the table in December 2012 in the cafeteria of CBU? Maybe not but for me was one of the most remarkable moments of my life. I was totally confused, searching for my purpose of my life, did not know who am I. You suggested I should serve my county. I thought: NEVER! NEVER EVER! And my Heavenly Father called me to be missionary in my country. And I sad: Yes, my Lord! With pleasure! I found my purpose and my real identity! So YOU were right! Thank you! God bless you too!

      Delete
  2. A beautiful post! Thanks for all you're doing to serve God through your community. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete