5/11/2013

News from my life

Dear Friends,

Please pause and take some time to look at the good things which are happening in my life. After 19 years of searching I have found my purpose in life and I have received God’s calling!

But first my life had to fall apart; I had to lose everything that was important in my life – family, husband, home, job and financial security. At that lowest point of my life I found God and peace of mind.

I found a church where I belong and wonderful new friends. Last January was my baptism where I publicly decided to walk with God. I feel His loving presence and care and His daily guidance in my life. I trust in God and I don’t worry about anything. I know that He is always with me.

I came to closure with my past and I don’t have any pain in my heart.

Five years ago I moved to the capital city and now I am sharing a flat with a Swiss missionary who is working with Youth With A Mission (YWAM) Budapest. In January of this year she organized a Bible Study Seminar here in Budapest. I took part in this seminar, and the teaching about Bible study and the Book of Amos touched my heart. God used this seminar to speak to me about my calling and life purpose.

I am a teacher and all my life long I have taught children and youth in the Hungarian schools. Now God has helped me to understand that I will no longer teach grammar and history, but rather from now on I will teach about the Bible and God’s love.

My plans and goals


After God started to speak to me about my calling I spent much time in prayer and also asked my friends and my pastor for advice. Throughout this process it became more and more clear that my next step is a time of training and equipping. I feel the strong need and desire to study the Bible, to grow in my faith and to learn more about myself.

I feel that God is calling me to be a Bible teacher here in Hungary or somewhere else in Eastern Europe, because there is much spiritual darkness here. Training will help prepare me for this ministry.

In June of this year I will start a 1.5year long Missions training. The first part is a Disciple Training School (DTS) (20 weeks) in Transylvania (with a theoretical phase and practical outreach); the second part is the School of Biblical Studies (SBS) (9 months) in Switzerland.

The DTS costs 3,000 euros and the SBS 8,000 euros which includes housing, food, outreach and all other costs associated with the school. It does not include transportation to and from the school locations (in Romania and Switzerland), nor any personal expenses such as postage, visas, vaccinations, personal travel, snacks, etc.

May I ask you to prayerfully consider supporting me financially? This could be a one- time donation or regular monthly support, either with smaller or larger amounts. Please let me know if you have any questions about this.

I am very grateful for the Lord’s goodness and guidance in my life. I thank you so much for being part of this journey with me through prayer, conversations, and your friendship.

Please let me know how I can be praying for and serving you and your family!

I wish you God’s abundant blessings for your life!

Love and grace to you,

Ildikó

No comments:

Post a Comment