11/16/2013

I have made it!

We spent our last three weeks in Brateiu, located in Sibiu Country. It is composed of two villages, each of which has a fortified church. There is a burial ground located here which is dated to the 4th century.
90% of inhabitants were Germans until the end of the 19th century. After that started the emigration of the Germans. At the 2011 census, 57% of inhabitants were Romanians, 41% Roma and 1 % each Germans and Hungarians.

We lived in a small apartment and participated in the program of the Restore Ministry Romania.























Besides we worked in four different Roma villages in the kids and youth program of the Restore Association.


When our outreach finished, we evaluated the last eight weeks. 
We had to answer some questions. How did we work together as a team? What was our strength? How did we relate to each other? How did we resolve the conflicts? Were my expectations fulfilled? What kind of personal strengths and weaknesses did I discover? What things changed in my mind? What was the biggest challenge for me and why?

We spoke about these eight weeks and I had to realize, that although we participated in the same outreach, each of us had different experiences. Each of us was learning different things while we were living the same life.
For me the Romanian language was the biggest challenge. My Romanian fellow students didn't speak English. They prayed and worshiped in Romanian as well. I like to speak but here I had to learn to keep quiet. I had to learned to communicate with people - especially the kids - without knowledge of the language.

Besides I got confirmation that my mission field is Hungary. God is calling me to come back my country and help the people to understand His infinite, unconditional love.

But the most important lesson for me was that I have to be myself! God helped me to understand that I am precious, unique, lovable. He created me in His image and He loves me always. I don't have to be good in the eyes of people, I don't have to deny myself for the love of people.
"Am I now seeking human approval, or God's approval? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still pleasing people, I would not be a servant of Christ." (Galatians 1,10)
Finally I understood the lesson! God was giving me the SAME lesson for 40 years! I had to cope with always the same hardships and I always failed. I didn't understand what I should do different? I was running the same circles. But God is the best teacher. He teaches us as long as we understand the lesson.


BE YOURSELF!
"Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your minds, so that you may discern what is the will of God - what is good and acceptable and perfect."(Romans 12,2)
I am God's loved child. He loves me what I am. I got from God identity through Jesus. His unconditional love is a way that allows me to be myself.

I am really thankful for these revelations. 
I am thankful for the spiritual gifts that I have got from God. 
I am thankful for my optimistic attitude of mind. 
I am thankful that I am capable to be glad for every small things. 
I am thankful that I am capable to work hard to gain my goal and I never give up.

Thank you Lord for the life-changing revelations! 
Thank you Lord for having lot of new friends!
Thank you Lord for everything!
I know  all that I am, all that I possess, all that I can do is a gift from God, given to accomplish  His purposes in the world through me.



Thank you my friends, my supporters, my church, my teachers! 
Thank you for your praying, your supporting, your encouraging!

Now I am praying for the next step…













No comments:

Post a Comment