12/19/2013

News from my life

Dear Friends,

I am one of those people whose life was transformed by meeting Jesus.
If you would like to "meet me alive" you can do that watching my story how I lived without God and what it is with Him.

DTS graduation
This time a year ago I did not yet know what the purpose of my life was. But God guided me patiently and faithfully step by step. I am beyond grateful for His goodness and guidance in my life. 

In June I started my missions training. At first I did a five month Discipleship Training School (DTS) in Transylvania (with a theoretical phase and practical outreach to the Republic of Moldova and Romania) organized by YWAM (Youth With a Mission). www.ywam.org

During this time God shared four things.
1.   Be yourself! „If I were still pleasing people, I would not be servant of Christ.” (Galatians, 1,10)
2.   My mission field is Hungary.
3.   My vision and plans for the future is to serve with the Free        Methodist Church which became my spiritual home two years ago. www.Europe-Alive.org
On this blog you can follow my spiritual journey during that time:
www.growinthelord.blogspot.hu
I am very thankful that I have already had several opportunities to preach in my church. (The next time will be on 29th of December, I will write about it on my blog as well, please look at it.)
I received the gift of evangelism from God and the ability to encourage and lead others and I long to walk in my calling and giftings. It is my desire to be involved to transform people’s life as God has transformed my life. In Hungary there is a huge spiritual need. After the communist time many Hungarians live without hope and without any vision for the future. Most of them don’t know anything about God, living in deep despair, trusting just in themselves. I absolutely understand this situation because I was also living the same hopeless life for over fifty years. Others have heard a twisted gospel - seeing just the judging God, and not knowing anything about His real character- and therefore turned away from Him. My desire is to know God and to make Him known.
4.   I need well-founded knowledge of Bible. 
My next step towards this vision is to attend the School of Biblical Studies in Switzerland which starts in January 2014.
It's an intensive full time school, students live, work and study together in a training facility. We will study the whole Bible, beginning with the New Testament (four months), afterwards follows the Old Testament (five months). We will study each book of the Bible with the inductive study method, which means to first observe thoroughly what's in the text, then start interpreting and applying. By the end of the nine months I will have an excellent overview and insight in the Bible as a whole and in each single book as well. http://www.sbs-switzerland.ch

Would you prayerfully consider partnering with me in the visions that God has given me?

The costs of this school is 8,000 Euros which includes housing, food and the school fees. It does not include transportation to and from the school location, nor any personal expenses such as visas etc. 
May I ask you to prayerfully consider supporting me financially? This could be one- time donation or regular monthly support, either with smaller or larger amounts. Many small amounts will also add up to a big amount. Please let me know if you have any questions about this. 
I thank you so much for being part of this journey with me through prayer, conversations, your friendship and support. Please let me know how I can be praying for and serving you and your family! 

I wish you God’s abundant blessings,
lots of His joy,
His presence in the midst of your days.

Have a blessed Advent Season
filled with love and serenity
and a blessed Christmas time!

Love and grace to you all,

Ildikó


Bank information

Send your tax-deductible contribution to:
Free Methodist World Missions - 770 N. High School Rd - Indianapolis, IN 46214
Toll-Free – (800) 342-5531 Local – (317) 244-3660

Identify your contribution as being for the “Europe Area Education Network.”
All funds that come into this account will be forwarded to Hungary for my support.

or give online at: https://give.fmcusa.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=1328

or on Paypal to ildikokober@gmail.com

or I send you my bank account number in a personal letter if you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment